Alcohol related problems/transgressions and substance abuse
Supervisors and line managers
To equip supervisors and line managers with knowledge how to deal with alcohol related problems and transgressions and substance abuse
- Explanation of the rule prohibiting the use of alcohol while on duty or being under the influence of alcohol while on duty or to smell of alcohol while on duty
- When is the use or abuse of alcohol a form of incapacity or a disciplinary transgression?
- What is substance abuse?
- How must substance abuse be managed?
- The duty to offer rehabilitation/employee assistance to an employee with alcohol dependency/problem and or substance abuse
- How to identify an employee as being under the influence of alcohol while on duty
- How to identify an employee as being under the influence of a substance
- Breathalyzer, blood and urine tests
- Must informal or formal disciplinary procedure be applied?
- Presenting evidence in a disciplinary hearing to proof alcohol related transgressions or substance abuse
- Appropriate action or sanction
- Code of Good Practice: Dismissal
- Applicable collective agreements
- Case studies
Course duration: 1 day